MagsGraphics Products

MagsGraphics' Digital Art is exclusively available for Artisan Software users at FOREVER

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Scrapbooking Bible Study - Session 9

Last week, we focused on building Joy in OTHERS.  Did you practice looking at the world with a new set of "glasses?" -- because you never know what baggage another person is carrying.  Even though WE each carry our own set of baggage, if we can step outside of ourselves just a little bit, we may be able to lighten the load of someone else.

Here is the layout I made for last week's lesson:

I can't tell you how excited I was to be able to include the screenshots from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!  I was also thrilled to find another blog post on this very same topic who ALSO referenced this particular episode from Buffy.  
Click on the image below to read it.
This blogger, Chicagolina, makes a great point that "sometimes we take comfort in self-pity because it is more comfortable that awareness."   Self-pity gets in the way from reaching out and being empathetic towards others.  And many people NEED your encouragement!


However... for this week, we are turning our focus INWARD... 
because YOU matter too!


Did you hear that?  YOU MATTER.  YOU MATTER!  God made a MASTERPIECE when He created you...
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10 NIV

He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
    and all his ways are just. -Deuteronomy 2:4 pt 1 NIV

Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; 
      you formed me in my mother's womb. 
   I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! 
      Body and soul, I am marvelously made! 
      I worship in adoration—what a creation! 
   You know me inside and out, 
      you know every bone in my body; 
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, 
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something. 
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; 
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you, 
   The days of my life all prepared 
      before I'd even lived one day.
Psalm 139:13-16, The Msg

Have you ever taken a moment to notice just how AWESOME you are?  Let this kid remind you:


Looking forward to seeing your next layouts!
:) Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments on my blog are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :)Mags